Has an Alien taken over my body?


Ladies and Gentlemen. Hold on to your Hats/Cellphones. You might need to sit down for this revelation. It’s crazy, out of character and practically heart stopping. In fact, maybe I shouldn’t tell you because I don’t want to get sued for causing heart attacks… Well, that has never stopped me before, so why stop now.

I went to the Gym yesterday! That alone might not be heart attack worthy, but the fact that I actually worked out…well that’s CRAZY. Did I mention that I enjoyed it? WTF! Has an Alien taken over my body? If so… go Alien!

As you know I joined a Gym a few weeks ago. (link) Unfortunately, due to complications with my STUPID FU*KING IUD, I’ve been in too much pain to go. Also, since I’m new to the whole Gym thing, I wasn’t familiar with the equipment. I fixed that, yesterday (Hooray for ME!) with the help of a personal trainer.

While waiting for my Personal Trainer (it was a free perk when I joined), I started people watching. Yeah, there were some hot bodies, but I didn’t see one girl with makeup on or prowlin for beef cake. In fact, most the people were there just to workout. Phew, what a relief.
Eventually my Chic PT arrived. After having a brief discussing out my gym ignorance, she took me to a few Upper Body machines. While at the first upper body machine, we had to discuss what weight I could do.

I think you can do 30 pounds” she said, while adjusting the weights.

umm, maybe 10” I said, looking for a hole to crawl into. While secretly thinking, where is the 5lb on this machine?

Lets try 30, you could be surprised” she insisted.
I was beginning to hate this woman. Preparing my body to work as hard as it ever had, I tired the dreaded 30lbs. OMFG, I was able to do it! I was even able to do a few reps.

Later, while waiting on a machine, I watched a guy using a bicep curl machine . He looked like he was going to have a baby at any moment. He was sweating like a whore in church, grunting, and he looked like he was in enormous pain. Being the nosey person I am, Of course I had to chat with him after he finished.

Looked like you were working pretty hard there” I said in a friendly non-judging tone. (I swear it was non-judging.)

Yeah, I wouldn’t have believed I could do it 9 weeks ago. It’s amazing what you can do when you decided to change your life in small ways

Immediately, I loved this guy! “That’s very true. Looks like you are doing an extraordinary job!” I said with enthusiasm. “It’s never easy to change your life.

Thanks. Enjoy your workout” He said with a huge smile on his face.

I finished up by trying out most of the upper body machines and chatting with the PT about what kind of exercises I needed to do to get a ULTRA hot body for my 31st Birthday. The strange part is I’m a bit sore today but I’m looking forward to going back… Definitely an alien.

Cosmo AKA Alien

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Keep it up!

We can have bench press competitions but I think Tini would kick our butts!