Underwear Crisis


One of my Favorite Bloggers Catherinette did a blog about panty lines. I was immediately reminded about the underwear crisis of 2007.


In 2007 I found myself single, after being in a very LONG relationship. After a few weeks, I finally decided to be happy about my liberation (AKA Single Life) and I embraced it with open manly arms. I Immedialty starting making LOTS of new friends, going out all the time, getting lots of attention (A hot guy tripping over himself to say hello is a HUGE injection of self confidence), and learning to love life. During my adventures, I began discover something was amiss. You guessed it, it was the underwear crisis of 2007. Normally I didn’t wear panties at all (Did I mention I hate doing laundry?), but on rare occurrences, I would wear comfortable white panties. Imagine my horror when I discovered… I was granny panty girl *Phcho scream*. My Knickers were soo bad that I made bridget Jones look good.

Typical girl stuff, like pretty matching (NONE of my underwear matched) underwear or makeup was never my thing. I had always concentrated on my education, self improvement, and my career. Being single made me realize packaging (makeup and underwear, to name a few) was important. I ask you, What does a girl do when they find out, they are “granny panties girl”? Does she crawl into the corner and cry…of course NOT! She goes on an underwear shopping spree *YaHoo*.

1st stop… Victoria Secrets. I was surprised that the trip to VS was so… shocking. For someone that is use to buying panties in plastic packages containing 5 pairs, I suffered some sticker shock. 50.00 for ONE bra? $12.00+ for one pair of Panties? *Chocking sounds* After my shock subsided, I sucked it up and spent a small fortune for colorful, silky, lacy thongs and MATCHING bras.

My quest continued for months. Everywhere I went shopping, and I went shopping A LOT, I looked for cute underwear. Target was a great find. They weren’t too expensive, had good quality and a nice selection. Old Navy also had (and still has) some great panties. Not to mention a few shops in the mall that had 5 panties for $10.00.
Today, I’m proud to say I don’t own ONE pair of Granny panties (I threw those bitches OUT!). I now own MANY pairs of thongs and a few boyshorts and I have matching bras for each pair.
Thanks Catherinette for remind me (and boring the most wonderful blog readers…EVER) of my incredible quest.
Epilogue:
A friend once asked me, “Is it worth spending soo much money on cute underwear?”
It was an expensive venture. And they were only strips of fabric. And shouldn’t a guy like me for me, even if I wear granny panties? About that time, I thought about the cure lacy green thongs I had on and the matching bra, and it made me smile. I thought about explaining to her about how the journey impacted my life (as silly as that sounds). I could tell her that wearing nice underwear that I bought for ME was a way to remind myself that I was worth it. That doing something for JUST ME, was a gift. But knowing she wouldn’t understand I said…

With a huge smile on my face I answered “Yes, it absolutely was! And the compliments I get, don’t hurt either

The moral of this story, is buy a pretty pair of undies, just for you. And when you are pissed at your boss, or start to feel a bit down, remember your pretty undies. You will be surprised how much it will brighten your day.
Crazy Cosmo

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Yep I was a granny girl for a long time. I remember getting drunk one night and pulling them up to my chest practically. (I had the really stretchy kind). So glad I moved on to thongs. Could you imagine the low jeans with granny panties showing....yuck!