Facebook Love


Facebook, facebook…what is this facebook. I few months ago, some friends talked me into joining myspace…now facebook? So I did the only logically thing…I resisted. Who needs facebook, I said to myself! My friends, the tenacious people that they are, were not giving up. Many of there conversations sounded like the one below.

“What did you think about those pictures?” Tini said
“Oh, those were super cute. How did things go at your doctor’s appointment? Also, what’s going on with hottie?” Cab replied
“The doctor’s appt went well. Hottie..is..still HOT! But how are you feeling today? You looked a bit down yesterday?” Tini responded.

At this point in the conversation I jump in. “What pictures? What doctor’s appointment? And how did you know she was down yesterday?“ I know Tini and Cab hadn’t seen each other in weeks, so WTF!

“Everything is ok" they respond. "We were chatting on facebook…” Tini says. I think Tini keep talking to me, but I zoned out, pissed at stupid facebook!

Of course, I eventually join facebook. It was relatively easy, all I had to do was sign my life and privacy away, but besides that, it was easy peasy. I’ve been on the social site (can it really be considered social since it’s online?) it for a few months with mixed reviews. Facebook is s a time sucker (He He…she said suck) and a great way for stalkers to locate you without being arrested, but besides that, it’s a way to stay in contact with your friends.

In the few short months since I’ve been a member, I’ve been contacted by many people from my home town (no easy feat since it’s BFE), many people who want to be my friend (I could only wish to be that popular in real life), and today I got an entertaining email for a very special individual named Ndubisi Durunna.

Subject: 4really love
"hi sweety, l saw u on my facebook wow u so beautiful with those sexy bodyn lovely smile of u am going crazying about u l really like u n l want to no u were are u from am from africa nigeria n my name is ndubisi plz take good care of ur self n l hope to hear 4u have a lovely day bye"

Thank you facebook. It does my self esteem a world of good to be told I have a sexy bodyn.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Facebook rocks! No better way to see what friends have been up to but sometimes it makes me feel like a stalker...lol

Rob said...

Facebook ruins marriages